Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pennsylvania 6-5000



Today I took the F-Market to work. This doesn't happen too often, as I usually walk - but I love the ride. The F-Market is a street car route in San Francisco that goes along the Embarcadero (San Francisco at her best). The trains used on this route are old retired, vintage street cars from around the US – and 1 from Milan Italy. Basically- it is a big ‘in use’ street car museum.

I tell you – every time I get on one in the morning- I can practically here The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra playing in the back ground. It’s so old school – I love it. The F-Market is one of the reasons why I love San Francisco. I sometimes feel as if I am collecting the trains. I often get excited when I discover a new train. I feel as if I am a kid finding a rookie card in a pack of baseball cards. 'Oh cool!! A New One! Look - San Diego!!'.

For the record - today I rode in on Philadelphia .

No comments: